Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What is up...

1. Christmas at home with the family -good; lots of great gifts including a serious amount of cash. You can't beat that!

2. Granddad not doing so well as I mentioned in a previous post. I would say its actually a little worse than Thanksgiving - constantly wanting to know where he is at any given moment, not knowing the people around him occasionally. It is also taking up to two hours to even get him dressed. Right now they're thinking a nurse at the house to help with some of this stuff. I'm not sure he'll be very cooperative though. I even think at times he is a little bit afraid of people except for my Grandma and Mom. So thats not good.

3. Running errands with my mom and grandparents while I was home. We were all over the place which for reasons above was interesting at times.

4. Missed connection with my friend from Texas. I'm not sure if her dad passed along the message that I was home or not. Plus, she's pregnant and had some troubles so maybe she just didn't want to deal with me.

5. Tons of food most especially cooked by my dad who is an awesome cook - I seriously need to go on a diet but that has been next to impossible. I seem to be little miss popular with my friends up here lately and I'm even going out with one of them tonight so... The diet will have to wait. I just need to get in gear!

6. Driving to and from by myself - my first big drive by myself in quite a while. I don't like driving so it sort of sucked!

7. Back up "here" for NYE ... well, if you consider "here" to be Wisconsin. Little trip up there just for the night and back the next day. Was really no big deal - out to dinner, drinks in the hotel room ...tra la la ... very low key - even more low key than last year!

8. Back to work today... and... I actually overslept and came into work like an hour late. Oh well... they're pretty forgiving of that stuff here.

I think that is about all for now. This year is going to be nuts.

My TO DO LIST and a few RESOLUTIONS:

Make appointment for eyebrow wax
Go spend my Victoria's Secret gift card
Go pick up my newly ordered contacts
Go shopping with my sis on Saturday
Start working out
Start dieting
Try to stay in better touch with old friends
Possibly start the occasional tanning appointment - I've decided that I'm just too pasty white! I don't really want to get into the tanning thing too much cause for one, it ain't healthy, but I suppose if I just did it on occasion it wouldn't be so bad... I don't know.

I feel like there are a million other things that should be on my to-do list but that's all I can think of right now!

No comments: