Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oh my...

So yeah, you know my friend who I mentioned is going thru a really bad breakup and her boyfriend who is also a friend has turned into a real psycho? Oh man .... its getting so much worse. Well, I say the boyfriend is a "friend" but only incidentally a friend to me - he is more of a "friend of a friend" and I became friends with the girl because of us all hanging out together so... her boyfriend is not someone I would choose as a friend on my own but he's part of the "group" so what can you do...

The guy ... and this has been going on for weeks now ... won't leave her alone. She has had to change both her home number and her cell number because he was literally calling her hundreds of times a day. He was doing the same thing to her work number too - which wasn't a good idea; she's a legal secretary - and if she won't do some harassment thing against him (and she's trying not to), her lawfirm may go ahead and file it themselves. I guess they have all of the paper work and now its a matter of if they do go thru with something. The company has even had her speak to the police. I am not sure why it hasn't been filed or if she is trying to stop them from filing or what because this thing sounds pretty simple to file and especially for a lawfirm which is one of the more famous ones in downtown Chicago. But anyway...

So after she changed the numbers and all, of course he couldn't call her anymore at home. He was still calling at work but I guess the number of calls had finally tapered off. I told him when he was calling me and asking for advice that I thought for him to call more than three times a day was psycho. Personally, if someone is not returning your phone calls, its psycho to continue to call at all but three or less I can still sort of see as borderline.

I didn't realize that the emails had not stopped though - real pyscho rude ones with bad language. The scary thing in all of this is how he's back and forth on how much he loves her and he's really just trying to get her back. How can you threaten someone back with you and try and make them love you though? Dude, that ain't gonna work! If I were her, on Day 2 of this whole mess, I would have filed a harassment complaint, a restraining order, the works!

So then I guess yesterday his mom emails her wanting to know what happened. We aren't sure if he put his mom up to this or not but at first my friend wrote the mom back a very vague response. Then she got more harassing emails from him today so she wrote back a long response to the boyfriend, copied the mom and me and some other friends on it. Well now... he has really flipped out! She should have just BCC'd the rest of us on this because she should have known that copying all of us on this would have opened up a can of worms. So now... he's calling her and she has forwarded some of the voicemails to me and... I'm just trying to decide if I would consider these actual threats now - I mean like threats to violence or if he's just going to go do something stupid like egg her car - he's the type who would still think thats funny at age 32.

So anyway, I may add more about this drama here later... Before I just thought this whole thing was freaking annoying and don't we all throw the word "psycho" around so much in the dating world about people's actions... when they're not ... people do strange things, and say strange things, and place strange phone calls when they're hurt but now I'm really trying to decide if he may in fact actually be psycho!

No comments: