Thursday, March 02, 2006

OK...

So perhaps yesterday I was overly politically negative. It happens. Oh well... I still stand by it.

Up bright and early this morning cause I had to work eary - ugghh! I don't have to do that too often anymore but the person who usually takes this shifts is in training this week and it is known that although I don't prefer these early shifts, I don't really mind them either. So anyway...

Its like chaos in the department lately. People leaving, new people, new people not sticking around blah blah blah... I think those of us who are here at present will probably stick around for a while and not necessarily because its a great job. As someone said in a meeting the other day... we all have "ulterior motives". Mine is that I can wear jeans to work every day and have four weeks of vacation and get paid fairly well for it. Can you really complain about that? I don't know, we'll see how it goes. I really have no "career goals" of any kind which is kind of sad but its how I feel lately.

Posting another nice note from one of my users here. Everytime I get fed up with certain people or just really want to run into the bathroom and pull my hair out (which I almost did two weeks ago), I try and remember that there are some people who are really nice to work with:


Dear Melissa,

Although I will need continued support, I want to thank you for being so responsive throughout the day. I am grateful that you were able to provide direction. You are perhaps the best technician I have ever worked with. Congratuations on a job well done. I suggest you forward this note to your managers, so they know what a fine employee they have.

No comments: