Friday, March 17, 2006

Mel blog marathon!!

Welcome to my Friday... Welcome to me being done for the day even though I'm still at work. Unless something pressing comes about, I plan on doing nothing for the remainder of the day so I have decided instead to put on a blog marathon where hereby I will inform you of every little tiny thing that I'm thinking about? Excited? You should be.

First up...

My nails!!

I got my nails done today at lunch and they absolutely ROCK!!!! I had sort of taken a break from them and they just looked horrible so time to go back. I made the wise decision of soaking them off myself with some direction from my friend Dawn. I had never soaked them off myself before and 1) hate having to pay the extra $$ to have them do it at the place or 2) hate not paying the extra $$ at the place and just have them rip them off - it hurts like hell! So, did it on my own, it was a success and that is how I plan on doing it in the future.

But anyway... went in and there was this new chick there that I had never seen - actually spoke English - and discussed my options. Thats a first. So we decided to do a french manicure with gel. I had done gel in the past but not in the last several years because the acrylic is a little cheaper and I found that I didn't have any problems with it. Some of my friends had complained about how the quality wasn't as good and how it really dries out your nails. I never really had this though so decided to save some $$ and stick to acrylic.

So she does my nails and ended up doing like 4 steps I had never seen before. They look great!! I really can't get over it. The place I go to is sort of a firstcome-firstserved kind of place so I'm hoping this girl is available the next time I go. If they always looked this nice then I know for a fact that I wouldn't put off going like I do.

So... happy stuff for me!!

And ... a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY to all of you! I had written a nice St. Patrick's Day post earlier but Blogger decided to eat it for lunch so it never got posted. Anyway, anyone up to anything special besides drinking? Isn't it always nice when St. Patty's Day is on a Friday? Of course, Chicago had its big St. Patty's Day celebration LAST weekend. And, for the second year in a row, I didn't really participate. I think I've sort of outgrown the drunken bru-ha-ha. I may do something tonight though but not sure what yet. Sort of leaning towards just going to a local pub for a couple of drinks although I do have the option of going out to Plainfield for a party. Not sure I'm up for the to/from drive. Its like an hour each way! We'll see what develops. I have a lot of stuff I need to take care of this weekend such as filling my gas tank, washing my car and doing some laundry. It has to be done!!

I'm wondering ... did I ever blog about last weekend? I don't think so... So yeah, I was going out with my friend and her new boyfriend (my friend is the one with the psycho ex). Anyway, her new boyfriend is super nice and fairly good looking too. He's kind of quiet but that might just be about meeting new people. We had some dinner, had some drinks - super strong margaritas - went to another bar for karaoke... sang some songs (not him though). For the life of me... oh yeah... I DO remember what I sang. Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" (this is a song with a kind of inside joke between me an her ... we have a dance actually - LOL!) and "We Belong" by Pat Benetar. By the time I got to my second song I was so drunk I sounded like crap which is sad cause I'm a good singer. I stopped before it was over even. Its funny how some people get better at karaoke the drunker they are. And then there's me, the opposite, who just sounds worse. Oh well... it was a great night and we're already planning on getting together sometime soon again.

Actually I went out with her on Tuesday night after work. We "bumped in to" this guy I used to date... blahh... long story. I bump into him a lot and I'm OK with it because there was never really a lot of emotion in the whole thing anyway ... OK so thats not entirely true, there was emotion but it was misplaced emotion... we pretty much managed to avoid him. He's like 33 and the type that still has to go out every night. What a freaking drunk! Like I said, long story. After that we took the train out to the burbs and went to our current favorite bar. They have this nice $1 off mai tais and margaritas on Tuesday deal that we like and the mai tais are YUM!! They are those Bob Chinn's ones (if you've ever had them)... and these are the full cups, not the short cups like they have at Wrigley Field. So we ate and drank and I don't know if it was lack of food or what but I was pretty loopy. She was pretty loopy too but may have just been picking up the vibe from me. So we decide to walk to Osco after this and buy some candy. What? Yeah, I know, totally random. Actually, she is trying to quit smoking and is doing quite well but she's been eating candy to help curb the cravings. I'm not sure thats a good idea but its not like she's eating chocolate and stuff like that. She's pretty much sticking to Twizzlers, Jolly Ranchers and gum. So whatever... so in our stooper we go to Osco and look at all of the candy and have like serious conversations about it... it was funny. Like... how come there are so few choices for gum flavors these days? Remember when we were in junior high and there were like 20 flavors? You guys know what I mean? I mean, think about Bubbalicious, HubbaBubba, Bubble-Yum ... if you look at the typical drug store today, you might see five choices of flavors. I remember full walls stocked with various flavors back in the late 80s/early 90s. I remember buying mint chocolate chip gum. I mean, how disgusting is that? But anyway... so we talk about the candy we love, she buys her stuff and I ended up buying a bag of that strawberry sour punch. I don't know what it is with that stuff and me but its like a weakness and its not like its something you find that easily. But anyway... we were so goofy. We checked out at the liquor counter and quizzed the check-out girl if we looked like we were still young enough to card. So random. LOL! Thinking aboaut it now ... man, I bet we looked like real quality gals that night.... and it was a TUESDAY! Oh well... fun is fun!!! Anyway, we had a really nice time that night.

I'm trying to think of what else to post right now and nothing is coming to mind. My sister emailed me that Iowa lost to Northwestern State and I have to have a big ha ha over that. The Big Ten champions lose and my measley (sp??) Hoosiers are still in? OK ... so they were the Big Ten TOURNAMENT champions and not the Big Ten champions. But you know what I mean!! I wonder though... because of that loss, did Mr. Steve Alford just punch his ticket to Bloomington?! One can dream I suppose.

Today as a matter of pride (and having nothing else to wear) I am wearing my CRIMSON (not red) Indiana Hoosiers sweatshirt. Whoo-hoo! Red you say? On St. Patrick's Day? Yeah ... I am also wearing my shamrock necklace - which I actually wear everyday - and it has two green emeralds in it. So my green is covered. No one has tried to pinch me yet. I wonder if I should be disappointed...

Later!!

No comments: