Monday, December 12, 2005

Why oh why oh why?

Fun stuff about software sales reps in the eyes of a support rep:

1. Sales reps who promise too much and expect the support rep to make it happen for the customer.

2. Sales reps who say that a product will do something in particular when, in fact, it does not.

3. Sales reps who sell a product that they know absolutely nothing about.

4. Sales reps who do not know how to admit when they are wrong.

5. Sales reps who have no problem passing the buck by either ... 1) emailing everyone else in hopes that someone else will take over the issue or 2) by hoping it will magically disappear (well you might get that working with some support reps but not me; I'll hound you until I get my answer).

6. Sales reps who don't understand the big picture and actually make decisions which will, in the long run, cost them income. That doesn't make any sense to me!


Regardless of which ever one may be happening at the moment and believe me, it could be and probably is a combination of all six; I have a major headache right now because of it.

Thank you for listening.

No comments: