Friday, April 21, 2006

OK...

So yesterday... Yeah, yesterday started with a really really bad morning. Remember how I said I thought the cat was getting better? Well, she seemed to be and then took a turn for the worse. And I was like freaking out. I mean... I was sort of wondering if she might still be with us when I got home from work. It was not a good morning. So.... sort of started the night before in that I found blood in the tub and yesterday morning found blood outside the litter box where I guess she had "missed". So these are not good signs to me. This coupled with the night before last her roaming around the apartment and seemingly trying to "hide". Not a good thing when an animal is sick cause you know how some animals can get with all of that. So she was like doing that - hiding behind the TV, hiding in this table. She never does that. She has also started digging thru the bathroom trash like a dog would or something. All of this super weird behavior. She just seemed so out of it too when I left yesterday. I don't know if you can tell if an animal has a fever by feeling their ears or not but hers were burning up. So I was like sick to death even going to work. Came home, she seemed a bit better. Took her to the vet and NOW he finally says its a urinary tract infection. This is what I always thought it was but he didn't think so - as she wasn't running a fever. A little mad that it takes blood in her pee and a second trip to the vet and me scared to death before he figures out what I always thought I knew. Might not sounds so serious but if they aren't treated, they can die from this. So she got two more shots and more pills and now is supposed to be on them for the next three weeks which is going to be serious fun. Hope this makes a difference! Other than cleaning her litter box, he didn't offer any other suggestions. Went to Target and found some better cat food which will hopefully help address her issues and we shall see what happens I guess. I get too attached... I was just a mess about it yesterday.

Then there were some other little things going on in my mind yesterday which weren't making me feel any better. I won't get into all of that but suffice it to say that maybe I am the one who needs the Valium - LOL!

Today is going much much better - I think.

I don't know what it is with me lately but I just have this general feeling of paranoia or whatever. Perhaps its just stress? I don't know, cause it ain't that time of the month or anything. I just feel insecure. I need to chill out or something, do something special and just get my head screwed back on straight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I am glad the Vet finally came around and that at least that drama should be behind you.

Getting "too attached" to a pet is not strange.

It is hard to "get your head on straight" when stress comes to visit. Hopefully things will start to clear.

Melissa said...

Yeah, she seems to be doing better although she is not a very good patient at taking her pills. We shall see.

Unknown said...

Is any cat a "good patient" when it comes to pills?

Melissa said...

Usually not; although these cats we used to have ... we'd just wrap the pill up in a ball of American cheese and they would actually look forward to getting them! ; ) Willow won't fall for that crap!