Thursday, April 06, 2006

Blah...

The last few days have been complete and utter .... *&$#!!!

You fill in the blank.

It started out just great Friday night going to the Big & Rich concert. Met the group at a nearby bar, had a couple of drinks and then headed over. I wasn't feeling too great in the tummy but thought it was probably something I ate. Had a bruchetta appetizer that was just loaded down with garlic and sometimes that makes me feel icky.

So went to the concert felt so-so but had some more drinks and it ended up being a great time! It was a really cool concert. They really only played like an hour so the played all of their hits, a few new songs and a song or two from their next album. We had "special" tickets - this I did not know. It was pretty much a free concert event from US-99 so the entire downstairs of the bar was just crammed with all of the listeners who won tickets on the air. They were packed in down there - couldn't really move. Well, our tickets were for the "balcony" section. The numbers were small up there, you could walk around, hang at the railing and had an all-around great view. It was really nice and a really good time. They played all acoustic and Cowboy Troy even came out on a few songs with them. It was pretty cool.

Well somewhere during the evening I started getting this little tickle in my throat. I wasn't too concerned but didn't like it. Saturday morning I woke up and I could barely talk. Welcome my first cold of 2006. I usually get one in late winter/early spring so this one may have been slightly expected. I wasn't even sure it was a cold at first. My mom typically gets larengitis (sp?) around this time each year because of bad allergies. Stuff is starting to bloom and I was thinking that maybe this was just another gift I had inherited from her. In the beginning it was just my voice, I pretty much felt fine. That was sort of the last for "feeling fine" for me. I have pretty much been sick since then. I even missed three days of work. The throat got worse, then it moved to my nose and now its pretty much gone from the throat but still sort of in my nose and now its in my ears which just sucks!!! I don't think I have really slept in three nights because I can't freaking breathe. Last night was the first night I got a few hours - I think the Robitussin I took finally helped and I was at least able to lie on my back and breathe. So I was finally able to come back to work today. I seriously would have LOVED to take the rest of the week off. I still need to rest - big time. I'm pretty much fine in the hours after I take my Tylenol Cold but once it wears out ... I feel crappy again. And, if you ask me, I am sort of running a fever on and off. I think the cat might have it too - I'm not kidding. The last two days all she has done is lay around and hasn't been her playful self at all. Sorry Willow! LOL!

But I'm a survivor and I'm hoping by tomorrow I should be A-OK. I hope I can try and have some fun this weekend but I'm not sure what is up. Came in here this morning and talked to my boss and got her to give me email shifts for support the next couple of days. There was no way I wanted to be stuck on a 4-hour phone shift feeling like this. I seriously could have killed someone.

So that is everything that has been going on in my life in a nutshell the past couple of days. Got to watch some White Sox baseball and so far, not so good. Oh well, its only April, right! LOL! Got to see my soap (Days of Our Lives) in real time instead of watching it on the DVR. That has been the curse of the DVR for me. I have gotten back into soaps after not watching them for years! It just became too much of a pain to record on the VCR every day but the DVR sort of solves that problem. I've been watching Days since I was like 2 and it was always a huge event each lunchtime at the sorority house to watch it - LoL! Those were the days. Does anyone else watch it? I have some serious thoughts on some of the current storylines and was considering blogging it.

Alas, that is it for now. I have a bunch of stuff I need to take care of this afternoon and then I might try to bolt a little bit early.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like sand through the hourglass...

Picked that habit up from my mom years and years ago. But dropped it... uhh.. years ago.

Feel better soon.