Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The latest...

So my sister and her boyfriend are *sort of* back together. Hmmm... She said they got together last night and that both of them were miserable and didn't really want to break up. So she says they have some things they need to figure out. So... I don't know. She said that she thinks he's freaking out about the future and that he feels like he needs to know what he wants now and she says she doesn't feel that way. What? Since when is she so laid back about that stuff? OK... well, maybe she is and I just don't know that about her. I'm not anything like that. I want to know all about the future ASAP! Know what I mean? The only relationships I have ever been that casual in are relationships that were just for fun or didn't include any deep feelings. But anyway, if she does feel that way about it... more power to her. I suspect thats the attitude the dating person is supposed to have but do they ever really have it? In the past she has told me about some of their little issues and I was sort of assuming that some of the current problems may have had something to do with that. Perhaps not, but if they do and she's using all of this as an excuse? I just don't know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps she isn't as much "laid back" as "unsure" to know what she "wants from the future"

Why yes I am the grand stater of the obvious, thank you. :)

Melissa said...

I guess she could be a little on the "unsure" side. We've actually talked about this since I posted this. She says that her boyfriend is putting all of this pressure on himself to know now what the future will be and she doesn't see it as necessary. Well, they've only been together nine months so I agree with that to a certain extent. But on the other hand, I can also see (which is sort of his other point in this) that they are getting older and they both want to have permanent futures with someone so it if there is no future, it may not be worth the additional time spent trying to figure it out. I think my sister thinks there is a future and I would guess - knowing her pretty well - that she would want a future with him. The problem may be that he may not want one with her. I hope thats not the case because I would love for things to work out for her. What will be, will be though I suppose.