Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Hey well I'm back. I'm not in the happiest of moods right now for a certain reason that I'll not go into. Its sort of a long story. Well, not really, nothing really has happened to upset me but I've sort of put myself into a mood because of some pieces of a puzzle I am seeing start to fit together. So I emailed my mom about it, not that she can really do anything, and I'll see what she has to say. I'm one of those people that when upset I have to tell someone about it or I just stew over it more.

Saturday my parents came into town. They were supposed to get in around noon but I think they made it there sometime between 1 and 2. They ran into a lot of traffic on the way up. So they got there and we just sort of relaxed. Started teaching them how to play various games on the dart board and they really had a good time with it and my mom ended up getting really good at it. I think they might get one now. After that we took a walk to the train and went out to visit my sister and see her new apartment. Stopped and got some beer on the way and then just hung out at Steph's for a while and sort of watched the Cubs game. We then headed off to Pizano's in Wrigleyville for pizza. It was pretty good stuff. Had some appetizers, beer, pizza, just hung out and talked. Fortunately we got there early enough and right before the Cubs game got out because after the game finally ended the place was packed. We then headed back to Steph's apartment and hung out for a little while. Mom got stuck watching the movie "Serendipity" and Steph loves that movie. Its OK I suppose but a little contrived. After that Steph drove us back downtown.

Sunday was a pretty rainy day so we pretty much just stayed around the apartment. We did walk over to Navy Pier for a little while but it was pretty crowded indoors and the rain was sort of sporadic outdoors. You really couldn't do much so we didn't stay long. Afterwards we briefly went back to the apartment and then walked to the train to go to China Town to hang out and have dinner. My parents had never been there before so it was nice to walk around and look in the stores and bakeries. The stores are nothing special - a bunch of trinkets and junk mostly.

No comments: