Monday, September 08, 2003

So Saturday morning I got up and went to go work out. It was really a completely uneventful day. Just worked out, watched TV, cleaned up the kitchen, etc. Boring boring boring. Watched the Sox game, ate some dinner and even went and worked out again. Stayed up sort of late not doing anything in particular except for surfing the net.

Sunday was pretty much the same. Went to work out early on but when I got down there like nothing was working. So I did what I could on some of the weight machines and then went for a power walk along the lake. That ended up being a pretty good workout. Came back, watched the Sox game, and other mindless TV, cooked dinner. Pretty much the same crap. I stayed up sort of later than I would have wanted watching "Sweet Home Alabama" - a very cute movie and Reese has perfect hair in it. So after that I went to bed but I could not sleep, just tossed and turned the whole night. My mind was reeling and I have no idea why. Well, I'm thinking maybe these green tea tablets I've been taking might have something to do with it, probably too much caffeine. Oh well...

Got up this morning, don't really feel too rested but what can you do? On the other hand, I don't exactly feel tired either. So took the shower and all and actually had a piece of toast for breakfast. Sort of meant to do my makeup but I just sort of brushed my hair out, put on some lipstick and took off. Its work, who cares what you look like!? Besides, I'm getting my hair done tonight and my eyebrows waxed so all of the makeup will end up rubbing off in the process anyway. I've decided to only get my highlights done tonight and I'm letting my hair grow out longer and will cut it another time. Remember how I said how I hated my hair so much after I got it cut the last time. Well, its much better now but I still want to give the bangs more time to grow out. I just hope it doesn't end up looking like crap. Still trying to decide what I want to do with the highlights. I would like the blonde blonde color to remain but I need to break it up a little bit I think, like maybe get some streaks of another color or lowlights or something added to it. I sort of like how my sister got her's the last time. She had it sort of streaky with a couple of other shades of blonde. I was also thinking about maybe adding some reddish steaks to it. I wonder what that would look like. I just don't want too much of the lowlight look because I've had them before and they just seem to take over as the dominant color I see in the mirror so whatever it is, its going to have to be thin. I don't want brown hair!!!

One more thing to add here. Just read where Frank O'Bannon, the governor of Indiana, was hospitalized with some sort of cerebral hemorrhage. I met him on several occasions when I worked in the Indiana Senate when I was in college. He's one of the nicest politicians I've ever met and a totally normal person (I often saw him eating lunch in the State House foodcourt). This is very sad, I hope everything will turn out well. He was supposed to be the Grand Marshall of the Corn Festival parade in Sullivan this coming weekend as well.

No comments: