Friday, September 05, 2003

So this morning I get up bright and early at 6 am to get ready for my early shift at work. I go into the bathroom to turn on the shower and notice its coming out completely cold. So I turn it all the way to hot and let it run, same thing. I tried the sink in the bathroom, same thing. So I'm like, crap, what is going no. So I go into the kitchen thinking that maybe the water there is good and if anything I can just wash my hair in the sink. No dice. So I call down to the doorman and he knew right away what I was calling about. Apparently there was some sort of power outage in the building last night for about an hour. I guess whomever assumed that when the power came back that the boiler would come back up but it did not and they were having to power it back up for hot water. Well that sucks. Not sure about the whole power outage thing because my alarm went off and my clock wasn't flashing 12:00 or anything. Who knows, maybe it was only certain parts of the building. So there was no way I was going to take a cold shower so I just sort of tried to comb my hair and throw on some makeup so I didn't end up looking like total crap. That really stinks though - I was not happy!!

No comments: