Friday, September 09, 2005

Last night's little adventure...

So the carpets were being cleaned last night. Its a long story and ... well ... I was kind of annoyed that this was being done on a random Thursday night, but whatever. It looks good now. So anyway, carpets being cleaned, I'm hanging out in my bedroom when all of a sudden, lights, computer, TV, air conditioner, everything goes out. Well, bummer. It appeared to just be in the bedroom and the living room. Everything was working in the other rooms. So... this has sort of happened before when I had the hair dryer and the air conditioner on in the same room - I guess it just doesn't like this. So... go downstairs to flip the fuse box or whatever and the ones for the livingroom and bedroom would not go back into place - usually its a super simple little thing to do. So... ended up talking to the guy downstairs who is also the onsite basic maintenance dude and he didn't think he would be able to handle it then so I'm like well, whatever, its not too hot out, have some lights and have an alarm clock so I guess it ain't that big of a deal. Well I don't know what happened then but he changed his mind, ran off to Home Depot to pick up a part or whatever for the box and whoo-hoo - electricity back up and running!! Thank goodness. Like I said, it wasn't that big of a deal but just would have been annoying to have had to wait til today. Can't imagine what it was like for all of those hurricane survivors to deal with no electricity, no water, no nothing for days on end. I mean this was only like an hour!! Another thing to make you really appreciate what you have and realize your problems are minimal. That is the thought I have gone over and over in recent days. No matter how messed up things might get or how upset I might get over various things. I don't have problems, they have problems. I guess that is what you call perspective.

No comments: