Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Time to play catch up!

Yeah so I didn't really have a chance to write yesterday so to get caught up today...

Friday night out with my friend and her boyfriend. It was a good time, ate a bunch of fattening food, drank a bunch of margaritas. And then out for karaoke afterwards where more alcohol was consumed. Like I said, good time, but not without its annoyances. She was running like a half hour late and I forgot my cell phone (I have a habit of doing this) so had to wait and wait for them to show up. She was having some kind of family drama or whatever. But anyway, by the time she even showed up, I was pretty well liquored up. Oh well... what can you do?

Saturday didn't do much of anything. I mean, really... I think all I did was sit around, watch TV and surf the web. The weather wasn't good anyway so its not like it mattered.

Sunday was the awesome Faith and Tim concert!! It rocked! How awesome are they?! I tried to get some pictures with the camera phone but they just didn't turn out. I couldn't believe real cameras were allowed in - seemed like everyone had one! Wish I did!!

Yesterday was kind of an interesting day in Chicago in that we had that immigrant rally. Actually, it was very interesting. I went outside and watched a good portion of it. They marched by Sears and I would say the march to the park alone took over two hours. I can't believe how many people there were. I took a bunch of pictures with a disposable camera I just happened to have in my bag and took some video on my cell phone. We were warned by the train service what a nightmare the commute home was expected to be with all of these extra people but it really was not. I got permission to leave an hour early and then went and sat on my train a half hour early so I would have a seat. It probably wasn't necessary but I guess its best to plan ahead.

My work schedule is sort of screwed up this week and I'm not liking it. I had to be here by 7am today which meant - because of the wacky train schedule - I had to be on the train at 6:09am this morning. I was so not a happy camper. I have not had this schedule in a long time. And I have more oddities the rest of the week. I think it might be time to have a little chat with my boss about this. I didn't sign up for this - certain other people did - but sometimes I feel like they stick me with it because I usually don't complain. Time to speak up I guess.

Thats about all for now. I may be back with more later!

No comments: