Wednesday, May 31, 2006

After a crazy weekend, life returns to normal...

Yeah so this past weekend was sort of non-stop for me.

Thursday early afternoon I flew to Manchester, NH and then drove down to the Boston suburbs for my friend's bridal shower. It was a nice event. I was a little late cause I didn't know about the shower before I booked my airfare and then my plane was like an hour late. Kind of crazy driving down there - I really had no idea where I was going. But I made it. Watched her open gifts, had some food, hung out a bit, and then pretty much just back to my room for the evening. I really knew no one else there except for her family and they were busy for the evening. So headed down to the hotel bar for a cocktail and a salad, watched TV and pretty much called it a night.

More of the same Friday. The wedding wasn't until 5pm so I hung around the hotel, went to breakfast and lunch and pretty much just watched TV all day. Caught the shuttle to the wedding around 4:30. It was a super nice wedding. It was in like an open-sided barn so it sort of had that outdoor wedding scene to it. The background was beautiful with green rolling hills. Unfortunately it was raining so they had to pull the plastic down around the barn but it was OK. It was a very nice ceremony. Then on to the cocktail hour which was in the same location ... talked to one of my sorority sisters and her husband for the most part and drank a bunch of wine. Then on to dinner which was in the other room. It was a super nice dinner - great food, drinks, nice cake. My friend's husband is from Denmark so during a lot of the wedding and reception they had added a lot of interesting customs from his country. One thing was that during the reception part it wasn't really a lot of dancing and partying. We pretty much stayed seated for the majority of the evening and many many people got up and spoke and gave toasts. We had to stand for each toast and say like rah, rah, rah or something like that. Know the tradition of clanging your glass so the bride and groom will kiss? Well, they do the same thing but the bride and groom have to stand up on their chairs and kiss. Then if the guests stomp their feet, the bride and groom have to go under the table and kiss. Another one was if the bride or groom leaves the room.... so say if the groom left the room all of the men at the reception had to come up and give the bride a kiss. It was kind of funny. I'm trying to think if there was really anything else. That was pretty much most of it. So... I consumed a good amount of wine. Thankfully that was all I was drinking so I was pretty loopy by the time the event was over. Thankfully there was a shuttle back to the hotel. I pretty much immediately passed out when I got back. LOL!

Kind of some background drama going on at home though which creeped its way into my weekend away. So... remember psycho boy? The guy that my friend was dating who was basically stalking her? Yeah well, so his phone calls have never really stopped but he typically does not leave a message anymore. So evidentally he has a new girlfriend. The thing that creeps me out about this is that we all know this girl as she used to live in the area and was friends with "the group" including him. They have known eachother for at least 10 or more years. And now they're hooking up? Whatever... This girl has some serious issues too so the mean part of me says that maybe since they have decided that they won't end up with anyone, they might as well end up with eachother. I mean... ewwwwww..... I can't picture doing something with some guy I have known and supposedly have been friends with for 10 years and had no prior history. It just creeps me out for some reason - I don't know why. So I got on the horn to his ex to tell her the story and she's happy for the reason that she's hoping that if he has someone he will once and for all stop calling her. Yeah ... but so far, that hasn't happened. So we're planning something... I think he's due a little bit of hell over this for having a "girlfriend" and continuing to harrass his ex. Something is gonna happen.

Anyway, morning after the wedding ... hung over in that icky stomach sort of way. I hate that ... its worse than a headache. Drove back to Manchester and caught my flight to Baltimore where I had a layover of a little over an hour and then caught a plane to Indianapolis. I was flying in there cause the next day was the Indy 500 and no since in me going back to Chicago. So hung at my parents' friends' place as is normal for our Indy 500 weekend. It was kind of low key this year. Pretty much just visited and ate a bunch of food. It wasn't wild at all. I'm not even sure that I finished one beer. Took a quick walk over to Georgetown Road to observe the crazies but didn't walk the whole thing. Last year it was super wild and borderline dangerous (its getting back to the old days over there) so we really weren't up for dealing with all of that.

Sunday was the race which absolutely rocked! One of the best races ... if not the best ... that I have ever seen!!!!!

After the race drove immediately back to Chicago. I usually go home for the rest of the weekend after the race but didn't this year and that was fine cause I was home all weekend the weekend before for my mom's retirement party. Traffic wasn't too bad.

And then pretty much vegged out the rest of the weekend which was nice.

I don't know if all of this drinking and eating caught up with me or whatever but the last two days I haven't felt well and its all been stomach issues - ick. I'm doing better now but not 100%. Hopefully I will improve cause I really need to get back to working out so I can drop the few pounds that I probably put on this past weekend. Ha ha!

Well thats about it for now ... Just here at work hoping for a slow call shift this PM. We shall see.

Later!!

No comments: