Wednesday, February 15, 2006

PLEASE tell me I don't know this person!

DEAR ABBY: I am being married in May. I want to wear my wedding gown to the airport and on the plane. Is this common? Is it proper? Please let me know. -- BRIDE-TO-BE, TERRE HAUTE, IND.

DEAR BRIDE-TO-BE: There is no "law" against it, but I would recommend against wearing your bridal gown to the airport because the idea is impractical. Airport floors are dirty and could soil the gown. A trip up or down an escalator could tear the hem. The compulsory security screening could also create a problem, and so would the seating on the aircraft.
It would be much better to do what brides traditionally do: After the reception, change into comfortable traveling clothes and leave your wedding gown at home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear dumbass - If anyone cared that you had just been married, they would have been at the wedding!

Melissa said...

LOL!!!