Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A weird anniversary of sorts...

I seem to have many of those life's crossroadish events - not sure why this is the case. Actually, last year was full of them. Last year I believe was the crossroads of my whole entire life. I'm so not kidding about that. Anyway ... one year ago today ... this will just be a brief synopsis - it was actually quite a horrible day...

I had been dating this guy for actually like around 3 months - I had met his entire family, I had even gone to Florida with him and stayed at his uncle's and met his grandmother from Lithuania. So at that point I'm thinking so far so good. Looking back on it now I have no idea what I was thinking cause the boy really was sort of a piece of work. Who knows. Like I've said many many times in this blog, I was a little crazy last year and had some fun so maybe it was just part of that whole mess.

So anyway... dating this guy and I'd say maybe a around hmmm... like a year from last week things started getting weird. He seemed to be avoiding me or ignoring me or whatever. Looking at it now I think he just thought I was along for the ride and he didn't have to try or whatever with me anymore - yeah, right. So we had ... shall we say ... one rather "eventful" night out where we ended up having a huge fight (lets just say in these fights that we had, a huge amount of alcohol was involved which was also part of his problem) and I was thinking it was like over but I wanted to give it a little more time and see what evolved.

So a week later a whole group of us goes out - you know, the big night before Thanksgiving drinkfest! I can't even begin to tell you how horrible it was. It started out as a great night - a whole group of us just having fun and going from place to place... but then ... UGH! I'm not sure I have ever embarrassed myself more in public than I did that night and it was in this total WT bar which made it all the worse. I cringe thinking about it now. He was treating me like crap and I let him have it. Lets just say... lots of yelling, lots of cursing... on and on and on... I even tried to pitch a beer in his face but a dear friend stopped me from doing so and the dear friend got soaked. It was SO NOT ME! I was all upset and crying and the dear friend dragged my butt out of there and drove me home. What was I thinking?

(I kind of laugh at the "What was I thinking?" statement cause another dear friend makes fun of me and the way I was during this time and he will imitate me over and over in the same manner and always says "What was I thinking?" LOL!)

So anyway ... in the next few days this guy I was dating made several desperate pleas to get me back and it was really rather sad how he was about it but ... there was no way.

I think of myself in that moment and how horrible it was and how upset I was and how I had just made the biggest idiot of myself quite possibly in my whole entire life... but then ... in almost the next moment... my life totally changed... but thats a whole other story.

The word of the day today, children, is "crossroads".

Love to all!

- Melissa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

everyone has to say "what was I thinking?" at least once in their life....