Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bad bad bad bad bad...

Someone I know went out drinking with some friends last night AND

Someone I know drank a wee bit too much and ended up not making it to work today!!

NOPE- Not talking about me since I sit here typing this from work.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!

LOL!!

I issued my warning last night too - I think I had a feeling it was going to happen. I showed up there myself between 7:30-9:00 and drank one beer and kicked some ASS playing Texas Hold 'Em. I told those guys they really didn't want me to learn how to play. I'm the type of person that once I get the hang of something, I'm fairly awesome at it - ha ha! I'm not saying I'm awesome at Hold 'Em yet but I'm getting better and I've definitely at least become part of the competition!

So yeah ... I knew I had to work today so I was Little Miss Responsible. Really though, I don't drink that much at all anymore. I go thru phases on the whole drinking thing. Before, my "don't drink that much" phase was that I may still have 3-4 drinks - ha ha! Now, my "don't drink that much" phase is one or no drinks. Its not unheard of that I will go out and be out for hours and only drink Diet Coke. Its like I'm bored with booze or something or maybe its just that I've finally grown up and no I hate to wake up feeling like crap the next day. It sucks!

But yeah, so I guess someone was throwing down something called "Woofy Shots" around midnight last night and didn't think they would "live to see the 'morrow." Of course, I guess that technically was "the 'morrow" by then, but you know what I mean.

I find the whole thing sort of funny but I have been instructed that I cannot laugh about it today - but am allowed to laugh about it tomorrow. Thats too funny and believe me, it is also on the list of things to do tomorrow! ; )

Seems ages since my party days ... And let me tell you, last summer I was hitting it probably just as hard or harder than I was when I was in college - last summer and last fall that is. But during that time, I just didn't care, I just wanted to have fun and not think things thru and just be crazy and make friends and stuff like that. Great times, but definitely just a phase!

No comments: