Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Things that are bothering me today

1) Unreturned phone calls and text messages

2) My mom and uncle forwarding emails about how Bill Gates is giving his fortune away - forward this to as many people as you can and the check is in the mail. How many years has that one been going around? Check out snopes.com people!

3) The weather in the Chicago area is utter hell. I can't even begin to tell you. You know, its not all that cold but the wind is just nuts. It all started back on Sunday (if you saw the Bears game on TV, you'd know about it) and has just continued. This morning I was running late so I fortunately had time to grab my winter coat - brand new, first day I'm wearing it - but not enough time to grab (search for) my gloves, etc. So I get out to the car and this is when I first realize that it has snowed/sleeted a bit over night and there is a ton of frozen ice on my windshield. Normally I don't drive to the train but its starting to get cold so that may happen more and more. So anyway, I finally got most of the ice melted - had the defroster going in overdrive and kept spraying my windshield. I still have the windshield stuff from my original purchase of the car and I'm thinking it does not have the ice melting stuff in it. Then I drive to my friend's and basically sprint to the train. I was one of the last two people on before the conductor hopped back on to go. So sitting there on the train sweating my butt off, heart pounding, take off my coat and try and relax. So then we get downtown and if it was bad in the burbs it was 100 times worse downtown. I think the temp was showing 32 but the wind was horrible! It was almost to that point where its blowing so hard that you can't take a step. The woman walking in front of me was holding onto this chain rope out in front of the building to help herself walk. I mean, its bad! It gets like that in Chicago a lot. I remember one time it being so windy that I actually had to stop and hold on to a fence cause if I didn't, I was going to blow down the street - not kidding. So finally get to work and the thought that crosses my mind is that I can totally see myself moving away - I mean away away someday! LOL! (Do any of my Alabama readers know of any jobs down there?)

So anyway, I sit here eating my lunch today (its snowing pretty hard right now) and am like 3 times more starved than normal. Didn't know a 5 minute run could do that to ya!

I keep thinking there was something else that I wanted to write about but can't think now of what it would be...

Oh... tornado in my home county in Indiana yesterday. I'm not sure if it touched down but no real damage but pretty scary. All kinds of scary weather in southern Indiana lately!!

No comments: