Wednesday, October 12, 2005

You know ...

I don't know what it is with me today. Maybe it was the early start and the bad night and all of that but I lack motivation today to do ANYTHING!

1. I am in serious need of a manicure ... did I go get it at lunch? No... I just grabbed some food and hung out here. Tomorrow it has to happen. Actually, part of me is thinking that I'll get my nails yanked and just take a break from that for a while. I have tried that twice and end up going back the next week to get them put back on. The thing is, I really need a full new set and I just don't want to do that right now. I want to try and drag these out til November or even December and then start fresh. Err... what to do and why do I bitch so much about something so pointless and of no consequence?

2. One thing I AM going to go do today - although I don't want the trek out there - is get my eyebrows waxed. Why oh why do I go halfway across town to do this when 1) I could get it done super quick at the same place that does my nails right down the street or 2) I could get it done at one of the salons in the town I actually live in now. But no... I paid to park my car (only $2) out in the burbs today so I could get the early train in this morning for my early shift and then take a later train out (thats why I couldn't park at my friend's place, don't want to block her in) and then I will take a bus all the way down Michigan Ave (and I forgot my bus pass so I'll have to pay cash for that), go thru a 15 minute (if that) procedure... pay more than I probably should... and then have to either 1) get back on the bus 2) catch a cab or 3) walk back to the train station to take my later train home. Siiiigghhh...

3. My parents are coming for a visit next weekend. Now ... do you think I am actually even close to being unpacked from my move that was now like 2 months ago now? Ummm... no. Well, I overstate that. The whole place is fine except for the second bedroom which is either going to serve as either a 1) computer room 2) storage room or 3) combination of both... Its in complete disarry. I just keep moving things from box to box and getting nowhere. Can I just tell you how much of a pack rat I am? Before I moved to Lincoln Park from my old place downtown, I got rid of 9 trash bags of clothes. Before I moved to the burbs, I got rid of another 5-6 bags. Now I say "trash bags" but all of these were like kitchen-sized trash bags. I still have too much stuff. So as I was working on this room last week, I decided to go thru my clothes yet again and this time I filled another huge black trash (actaully the largest bag that Hefty makes) and filled it full. So that helped some. Moving sucks so much and you would think that moving actually helps you weed thru things and get rid of junk but in my experience, it doesn't. I got rid of so much stuff before I moved this time but now I'm of the opinion that I need to actually go back thru every single thing that I own and get rid of a ton more stuff. BLAH!! I know that little project definitely will not happen before my parents' visit but I needs to happen sometime, at least before I move again which I'm guessing won't be for another couple of years!!

No comments: