Thursday, October 27, 2005

A few thoughts...

Just a few quick thoughts on last night's World Series victory by the Chicago White Sox ... Just pasting in an email I wrote to a friend this morning describing how I felt ... You know, I'm not sure I know how I feel... or, I DO know how I feel but I'm not sure its possible to put it into words. I'll attempt something later but it definitely will not be a Pulitizer prize winning entry... but anyway... here is what I wrote (the part about me having been a reporter is true even though you might not see such 'quality' here in the blog; this is a way more casual way for me to write):

I AM COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY. I'm not sure I even slept last night!!!! Still it didn't hit me until I read it in the paper this morning. I'm so weird, I think its that teeny tiny little bit of a reporter thats still hanging out in me - don't believe it until you read it! LOL!!! Anyway, so I'm like sitting on the train this morning, both papers with me, going over it word for word. I'm not sure there are many good writers in Chicago - probably not - but I SWEAR every story I read this morning read like it was the best damn story ever written - lump in throat, all teary and shit. I'm so not kidding. I am certain that I looked like an absolute freak! LOL!!

No comments: