Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Today...

Mourning the White Sox' loss last night. A real bummer! I can't get over the missed opportunities, bad base running, stupid hitting calls (all of those bad bunts!) and just general poor execution. I had been saying all week that we had a chance against the Yankees but perhaps not against the Angels. I may be right. I guess we'll see... Six more games to go so its hardly time to give up yet but I don't think I'm going to be as glued to it as I had planned to. I have tickets for Game 7 - if there is a Game 7. If it comes down to it, not sure what I will do with those. My friends are going gaa-gaa over the amount of money I could potentially make if I sold them. Not the best of seats, but not bad either - upper deck, row 15 which is still the lower section of the upper deck so...

Today is a unique anniversary for me. Today is the 10-year (TEN YEARS?! I AM SOOO OLD!) of when I first started dating the guy I guess I would technically call my ex-ex boyfriend. Hmm... There were a few randoms in that timeframe but, you know what I mean ... my second to last serious boyfriend. Anyway, I was a junior in college at the time and we ended up dating for 2 1/2 years. So... we had this pact... you know ... the "backup plan"... that if neither of us was married by TODAY ... that we would get married. HA HA HA! How funny is that? So as you can guess, I'm letting him off the hook for this one. I do think we need to mark this occasion somehow though. He's actually still a fairly good friend of mine NOW... although he wasn't in the initial time period after we broke up, but I guess that is to be expected. I've heard so much more from him in the last year than I had heard in probably the previous 5-6 years.

So anyway, thats where I am today. Other than that, trying to avoid doing as much work as possible. I'm also seriously putting off getting this manicure I desperately need. I'm just not in the mood to go over there. I guess it can wait til tomorrow!

Later!

No comments: