Friday, August 01, 2003

Well back again! The Sox won last night - swept the Kansas City Royals! I am so excited! It was such a great game. I really thought they were going to blow it there in the end but it ended up going 11 innings and had such a great finish. I really didn't need to be staying up that late either as this morning I had my early shift so I wanted to go to bed early. Oh well, it was definitely worth staying up to watch.

I can't even think of what I wanted to write next. Well so I was on the 7 am shift at work today. Was actually able to drag my butt out of bed at 6 am, take a shower, throw on some clothes and then get a cab to work. Thats the only way its going to work for me on these 7 am shifts. 6 am is about the earliest you'll get me awake. I made one attempt of showering the night before and just getting up and hiking it to work (my bus isn't running at this time and walking to the el is just a waste of time) and it worked out but I really almost cut it too close. I don't know, maybe I need to re-think my scheduling issues. I like the 7 am shift though. Its sort of nice to get here, get your work done and then go home early.

Random thoughts of the moment, I really need to go pick up some cash for this weekend and remember to pay my rent!! Also, going over my blog here, do you think I need to add more links? I like my links ... maybe a few more would add something to it.

What else? Oh ... so then the big huge event of this weekend is the Brickyard 400 and I cannot wait to go. I have wanted to go ever since it started and we were just never able to get tickets. It better not rain!!! Looking at the weather sites on the net, they don't seem to optimistic about the weather in Indy this weekend but talking to Mom and Dad the weather guys down there seem more optimistic. We shall see. If it does rain I suppose I can stay over one more day but more than that, I really cannot. I just hate having to drive directly back from Indy to Chicago after races.

So work is going pretty well today. I think I'm all caught up on all of my cases, just waiting to hear back from a few of them.

Well, I think Steph and Katie finally got moved into their condo. I'll have to go over there sometime next week. They're supposed to have a party sometime soon so I guess thats another upcoming social event for me to look forward to.

No comments: