Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Tuesday, August 19 my sister took me out for my birthday which was the next day. Actually the afternoon started kind of weird when she called me to tell me she had gotten rear-ended on the way home from work. She has like a brand new Jeep Liberty so I was thinking the worst but I guess it did nothing other than put some smears on her spare tire which is actually the tire and not a cover so those now appear to be gone. She was sort of shaken up too and had had sort of a hard time of it when it happened because the people who bumped her did not speak English. Fortunately she didn't have to deal with insurance or the police or anything. I asked her if she still wanted to go out and she did which was probably good for her. So we went to Mambo Grill which was awesome as usual. They have great chips and salsa there, good drinks and the food is the best. I had the chile rellenos which is one of my favorites and Steph had the guava glazed chicken which she said was also really good. We split a piece of coconut creme pie for dessert. She got me a few small things which included bath gel and splash from Bath & Body Works which is like my favorite stuff!!

In the process of this busy week I somehow forgot that my parents' anniversary was August 23 so I had to end up calling them the next day! Oops! I think Steph may have forgotten too. She and her friends had gone camping over near the Indiana Dunes for a day. Sounds like they had a good time. She borrowed my tent and sleeping bag and stuff. Guess all those girls ended up surviving because I've talked to Steph since! ; )

Trying to think of other things I could have missed. I think I'm remembering all of the highlights here. Still watching Sox games and they're still doing well and in first place. The game last night against the Yankees was so awesome. All of those homeruns and a grand slam by Frank Thomas!! It was so great.

No comments: