Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Don't forget to vote!

So my first time voting out in my "new" burb today. For the first time ever, I voted a straight Democratic ticket - sort of. I didn't care who it was ... Congress, dog catcher, etc!

My "sort of" comes in when I say that I did actually not vote for an actual Democrat on one race and that was for Illinois governor. In this race I voted for the Green Party candidate. Now... I have no flipping idea who this guy even is but he can't be as bad as the two jerks running as the Democrat and the Republican. So... it was a protest vote of sorts.

There is also another race, Cook County Board or something like that, where I didn't vote for either the Democrat or the Republican. That race is pissing me off as well so I just left it blank and there was no other choice.

And, then there was this weirdo ballot question on there about if the United States needed to immediately pull out of Iraq. Who got that one on the ballot? Anyway, I left that blank too. I thought it was stupid. Yeah... I don't think my vote really matters on that one.

Normally I'm not such a militant D. I have a voting philosophy in that I usually always vote for the person whether they are a Democrat or a Republican. I have voted for many Republicans over the years with no problem. So I start with 1) the person; 2) if I don't know the person then I vote for the woman if there is one (I'm so not kidding); 3) if I don't know the person and there is no woman running, then I vote for the Democrat. So you see... this straight ticket isn't my typical voting behavior. But I'm so sick of everything now. Anything and everything and anyone and everyone associated with George W. Bush! I don't care if its the freaking water district this time - the D's are getting all of my votes!

No comments: