Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bridezilla

OK so today I heard one of the most stupid stories I have ever heard and probably one of the funniest suggestions ...

So this past weekend my sister and crew went down to Bloomington for a friend's bachelorette party. Now I need to preface this with my sister and her whole bunch are still super close friends with everyone they were friends with in college. I'd say about 75% of them live here. In the last year or so a couple of them have moved down to Louisville, Kentucky, of all places.

So anyway... sis wasn't too enthused about going. She had been to a big birthday party the night before and was kind of hung over, plus she has recently started dating one of her guy friends and I think maybe she just didn't want to leave for the weekend. But she went anyway and drove a few other friends down with her on Saturday. A few others had already gone on Friday.

So it sounds like everything was going well or whatever, they were going from bar to bar and then towards the end of the night my sister's roomie (who was also her roomie in college) asked the bride if they could go to a certain bar next. Well, the bride, who I'm sure was heavily intoxicated at the time was something like ... "No you f-ing bitch, this is my party and we'll do what I want." So my sister's roomie was like taken aback and all upset or whatever and left. Oh... I should also say that my sis had already headed back to the hotel to crash by this point so she did not witness all of this. So then I guess a few minutes later another friend, who was supposed to be a bridesmaid in the wedding, went up and asked the bride the same question and got the same response. So now everyone is pissed. I'm kind of unclear about what happened next but I guess there was some kind of falling out with the bridesmaid and the next thing my sis knows everyone is back and her roomie is asking people if they would like to have her shower gift.

The next day was supposed to be an informal shower. My sis left, a few of the others left and went home. Not exactly sure who was actually there for the shower. My sis didn't leave because she was mad at anyone, although she found the whole thing bizarre, pathetic, etc., she just really didn't want to be there. So I guess this pissiness goes on for the next couple of days to the point where the bride called the bridesmaid that she had gotten in the fight with yesterday and told her that she had discussed it with her fiance and they no longer thought she should be a bridesmaid, I'll pay for your dress, have a nice life, good bye. The whole thing makes no sense to anyone.

So the girl who was to be the bridesmaid is like all upset because she has been friends with this girl for like nine years and none of it is making sense to her either. Basically, no one can figure it out. So the girls who live in Chicago all got together last night and had a bitch-fest about the bride. Everyone is debating who actually will be invited, if the bride will try to "promote" another of their friends to bridesmaid just to be a bitch (I'm guessing she will) and if they are invited, who will actually go.

Right now it sounds like no one is going except one of them who is also a bridesmaid but they have another fun and I think awesome idea. This is the idea and I think its great and I really think they could turn it into somewhat of an event. The plan is instead of going to the wedding that day they will have a party at a bar where each of them will wear the worst bridesmaid dress they ever had and take a bunch of pictures and stuff. I think that sounds great. I was laughing my butt off. I told my sister she had to tell me the when and where because I wanted to come and take pictures of all of them too. She's like, yeah, we also want to get them posted on the internet somewhere and make sure the bride finds out about it. Heh-heh ... That won't be a problem.

So my sister and I were back and forth on what the bride's problem is and we have about 5 different theories but we really can't pinpoint anything specifically, but I think for whatever reason the bride is trying to break away from all of her old friends and she is just going to extremes to do it. Sis did tell me one other really bizarre story about the bridal party. The maid of honor is someone the girls haven't really spent much time with. She is the bride's old high school friend. Anyway, in all of the back and forth planning emails the maid of honor said something like ... "Tell all of those Chicago girls that they need to bring gifts to all of these events. They're all really bitchy and self-centered so they probably won't." Well... the bridesmaid who had the falling out with the bride was on these emails and she was like ... "Excuse me???" The maid of honor wrote back "Oh... you weren't supposed to see that." So yeah, these are the influences at work here. Basically, these people do not sound like very nice people.

Oh yeah, does this sound like these girls are about 21 years old??? Wrong ... These are 28 year olds we are talking about.

And, lastly, the bridesmaid who was kicked out is the one who had planned the entire bachelorette weekend including making a scrapbook, etc. The bitchy maid of honor didn't even show up.

I told my sister I honestly would have nothing to do with the bride anymore. What a piece of work.

No comments: