Thursday, August 11, 2005

Another beef about Starbucks ...

So like OK, you know how they have those little tip cups out there at the cash registers? Well I will occasionally throw in my coinage after paying but not usually and I definitely won't give more than say 50 cents or so. So today I went and paid with a $10 bill and received $5 back and change. Well what I found interesting about this was that she gave me my $5 back in all $1 bills (OK, so perhaps they were out of $5 bills but I sort of doubt it) - sort of like how they do in restaurants assuming you might want some smaller bills for a tip. I'm kind of like, what is this about? You really think I'm going to give you a $1 bill because I now "conveniently" have one? It takes maybe 30 seconds to take my order and a minute and a half to make my drink. I'm not sure that I even tip that well all the time at "real" bars, and believe me, thats worth more to me than stupid coffee... Nice trick but all she got in return was a few cents.... tricky.

No comments: