Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Karaoke Goddess...

Yeah well I actually forgot to write yesterday. Oh well...

Anyway, last night was kind of fun. There is this bar we hang out at a lot and they are trying to make some changes there. So they have started having karaoke on Mondays. Well they are currently auditioning "karaoke hosts" for the permanent spot. So last night they had this guy there who has the most awesome setup. He had like over 100,000 possible songs so we definitely had to go. We sing karaoke a lot, which I used to think was sort of nuts, but now I think its a lot of fun. Plus, I'm a pretty good singer - not even close to what I used to be after like six years of voice lessons singing mostly classical music - but still good nonetheless. I used to be pretty hardcore as far as singing was concerned. I had two voice teachers, took lessons twice a week and probably practiced at least two hours every day. When I was like 19-20 years old. I was quite good. Kind of rusty since then and I sometimes think about taking lessons again just to get my voice back into shape. Its sort of like running. If you don't stick with it, you will definitely lose it. Anyway, the place wasn't too busy so most of the people I was there with got to sing around five songs. My songs are listed below. The first song there - Life #9 - that is sort of becoming "my song". If you don't mind the bragging, I kick ASS on that song. I've only sung it twice karaoke and have gotten some rather big applause both times. He said the first time I sang it that I "tore it up" and the people sitting in front last night agreed I think. So - pat on the back to me. I've even had people I don't know come up to me at bars and tell me I was good. All I can think was ... well you should have heard me back when. But anyway... the other songs I sounded pretty good on. The Shenandoah song is a duet I sang with him even though I have a rule that I do not sing duets with him. He loves that song though and I sort of do too. Plus, it sort of has some emotional meaning to me at this point - its a long story. Anyway, fun night. We were out til 1:30am. I only had one beer so I was doing OK this morning even though I was a little tired when I first woke up!!

Last night's playlist:
1. Life #9 - Martina McBride
2. We Belong - Pat Benatar
3. We Danced Anyway - Deana Carter
4. Somewhere In The Vicinity Of The Heart - Shenandoah
5. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson

No comments: