Thursday, July 10, 2003

So, I got home last night and started to go thru the box of genealogy information that my uncle sent me and it is full of some great stuff. There are some things in there that I don't even think my mom has seen so I plan on making some copies and sending it to her. I don't know when I'm ever going to get back started on this project. I have so much information to still cover. Its more of a fall and winter type project for when the weather is not too good. I really need to become better organized. So then today I was looking at my gedcom file that I had saved on rootsweb. Anyway, its a blessing that I saved it there because my hard drive died and took my copy with it. So I was able to download it again and import it into the program that I use. Well, thats all and good but then I was comparing the gedcom file to my html file and realized that when I created the original gedcom file I did not choose to save every aspect of it. So.... What this means is when I want to regenerate my html its going to blow out those things that are now in the html file and they will be deleted from my website. So what I'm going to have to do is go back thru the gedcom and find what is missing and copy and paste that information from my website back into the family tree software. Its going to be sort of a pain. However, I have a lot of data cleanup I need to do anyway. Additionally, it could be worse. I could have lost everything and in that case would have had to set up another one for the individuals I don't have in. That would be OK but I prefer to have one database. So that is an upcoming project for me. I just have no idea when I will have the time to work it in. But back to the information my uncle sent me, its great; so far I've loved going thru it and I look forward to compiling everything to make my information more complete.

Last night was fairly uneventful for me, I went home and did that and then I glanced at the game and saw that the Sox were losing yet again and to a last place team, yet again. So I spared myself the misery and didn't watch the rest of the game. When last I looked at the score today they were losing to the same team AGAIN! I don't even want to look at the score. I really thought they had a chance to come around this year but now I don't know.

This day seems like it has taken forever. I swear, I feel like I should have been home two hours ago and its only 2:30. I had the last of this week's meetings this morning. I rarely have meetings and I think I've had like 5 in the last three days. I've contacted all of my customers that I have cases with but no one has gotten back to me - oh well - no news is good news. But now the day is just sort of dragging. I should probably be working on a couple of things - learning some more about the Macintosh and this new CRM system that we're implementing. I don't know but I don't do well on days where I have little to do. When I'm busy I'm more likely to fit more and more things into my schedule than when I have a completely open day. That doesn't make any sense.

No comments: