Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Incredible news yesterday!

So yeah, yesterday I gave my friend a call who has been in the hospital recently. She had been having a reaction to some medication she had been on and I thought her hospital stay was related to that but it turned out to be a bit more serious than that - more on that later.

I gather she needed more time in the hospital because ... as she told me for the first time yesterday ...

She's pregnant!

So she tells me this and I'm all like... oh thats so wonderful, congratulations, blah blah blah... She and her husband have been trying for like three years. The next thing she says is...

"Yeah ... with TRIPLETS!"

So the next thing I say is...

"OH MY GOD!"

And she goes on to say, "Yeah well there were SIX to begin with but my body naturally got rid of three of them."

Me again ... even louder: "OH MY GOD!"

Yeah so as you can guess this is a case of being on fertility drugs. I'm still freaking, I cannot IMAGINE. The whole thing blows my mind actually! She is an only child and for years had told me she didn't even want kids. Think this will be a bit of a change? Ummm... yeah.

Three at once? I can't even comprehend that. Twins, maybe? But not triplets. Wow!!!

So she's only nine weeks along. And they put her in the hospital because of mucho side effects she was having from the drugs. I knew about the first part of it but I guess she has developed some blood clots or something and that is what put her in the hospital. So now she's going to have to take a shot like every 12 hours from now until months after the babies are born. She is on bedrest now because of this and may be on bedrest for the entire pregnancy. She doesn't know when or if she will ever be going back to work. Plus, these are the friends of mine who were planning on moving far far away (mentioned in a previous post) ... so now that is delayed and they have taken their house off of the market.

Talk about changes.

I still can't believe it!!!!

No comments: