Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Heh Heh... this IS the memory I have of one of my friend's weddings....

Q:
Dear Mindy - Do you have any pet peeves when it comes to throwing weddings?
A:
Yes, I think when there is not enough food or help it's just bad planning! You don't want guests' last memory of your wedding to be the drive thru at McDonalds.


So went to a wedding in my hometown where they were having a buffet dinner. The thing just was not organized well. I mean it was not organized to the point where the bride and groom didn't even get to go thru their own buffet first before the guests started diving in. That was horrible. I'm not even sure when the bride and groom got to eat cause by that time the ridiculously long line of 200+ guests was out the door. Could have taken hours to get food for all I know. The place was just too small to accomodate that many guests on a buffet set up like it was. Unfortunately they didn't think to have people go to each table to invite each table individually to the buffet.

So my friends and I bailed for McDonald's, ate there, and then came back for the booze. I'm so not kidding about this. Most of us were like 22-23 at the time so probably not too surprising for our ages at that point. I don't think my friend ever realized that is what we did. At least I hope not!

No comments: