Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Cause I'm bored...

And have very little to do... we'll take another look at the news and websites I have been checking out today since I haven't done so in a while...

This is weird... Go check out this guy's blog and see if you think he's for real or what. And check out those rules and regulations. Some are sooo obvious as to what they are trying to do. Its actually pretty sad.

Cute blog!

This new "restaurant" recently opened in Chicago about three blocks from where I work and, sadly, I am going to have to go check it out sometime!

White Sox in the World Series?... It remains to be seen but dare to dream!!

Some good advice for tourists riding the el!

Well now, this isn't cool. One of these happened like almost right across the street from where I work!!

Nothing to say about this other than this is some seriously scary shit!!

Interesting story about All-Star game prospects in Chicago. So many of the Sox deserve to be there and so few will be!

Avril gets engaged...

Some news about Skydiving for MS which I attended this past weekend. No, I did not skydive! It was a fun event though - paid $20 for tickets which got you a t-shirt and dinner. Also put your name into some raffles. I won two free desserts to TGIFridays. There were some paid raffle tickets for some seriously nice gifts. Unfortunately he didn't win anything. Got all kinds of free "favors", water bottles, key chains, stuff like that ... We were there pretty much all day. Several people with MS, including a few who are in wheelchairs, did some tandem skydives. Makes me feel like a real wimp. Here are these people who can barely move and they go for it but I'm too much of a chicken. Oh well... ; ) Anyway, great time and good cause. Oh yeah, we also placed other donations for $1 jello shots. You know, for the cause and all...

Dan and Danica nominated for ESPYs!

A funny funny blog from a fellow Chicagoan. I need to add a list of blogs I read to the site!

And last, and least... Trixies, do not forget to book your tickets! You might meet your super rich first Chad husband at this event!! I suppose I shouldn't make fun because it is for a good cause but come on... Sadly it is my sister who reminded me of this when she told me she booked her ticket and also sadly, I know someone who met his girlfriend at this event and will probably be proposing in the very near-term. If you're not from Chicago and do not know why I'm talking about "meeting the one" at this event, check out this link.

Thats it for now!!

1 comment:

Kiki said...

That would be so awesome if the Sox go to World Series!!!!!